The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application refers to PriVELT (PRIvacy-aware personal data management and Value Enhancement for Leisure Travellers), the Android mobile application provided by the Company.
- Research team (referred to as either “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to PriVELT Research Team, where the team members are employed by University of Kent and Nottingham Trent University.
- Country refers to: United Kingdom
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a mobile phone, tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
PriVELT app help the users to understand their data sharing activities by aggregating, analysing and visualising data collected from a number of online service providers including AirBnB, Booking.com, Expedia, Facebook, Fitbit, Flickr, Google Calendar, Google Location, Instagram, Reddit, Snapchat, Spotify, Stagecoach, Trainline, TripAdvisor, Twitter, Uber, and YouTube. PriVELT app provides two approaches to retrieve your data: 1) provide the interface for you log in your selected online service account to streamline data via the online service’s official application programming interface (API); 2) guide you to submit a Subject Access Request (SAR) to an online service to obtain a copy of the personal data that online service holds about you, and provide an option for you to upload your SAR data to the PriVELT app for further analysis and visualisation. More information about the PriVELT app can be found from https://privelt.ac.uk
Personal Data You Entered
While using Our Service, We ask You to enter your personally identifiable information to the PriVELT app. The personally identifiable information include: First name, Last name, Date of Birth, Home address, Email, and Mobile number.
Data usage and storage: these data will be used to facilitate the privacy risk assessment, and will not be shared with Us or any third parties. All personal data collected will be stored locally on Your device.
Personal Data You Retrieved From Your Online Service Providers
While using Our Service, We provide You two approaches (i.e., SAR and API) to retrieve the following data from an online service provider.
- API data: depends on the online service provider You streamlined your data from, the retrieved API data could include data such as username, email addresses, service usage data (e.g., Twitter feeds, Facebook posts, etc.)
- SAR data: as required by GDPR, upon receiving your SAR request, an online service provider must provide You a copy of the personal data that this online service holds about You within 30 days. Depends on the online service provider You submitted the SAR, the retrieved SAR data could include full name, email addresses, telephone number, online activity, etc.
Data usage and storage: these data will be used for data visualization and privacy score calculation. These data will not be shared with Us or any third parties, and will be stored locally on Your device.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Here, Usage Data mainly refer to 1) mobile device’s sensor status data such as WiFi’ on/off status, Bluetooth’s on/off status, etc; 2) mobile device’s app permission data including accounts, activity recognition, Bluetooth, body sensors, calendar, camera, contacts, location, micro phone, network state, NFC, phone state, playing content, SMS, storage, Wi-Fi; 3) the behavioral data that reflect how You interact with the User Interface (UI) of the application. For instance, it will tell Us which button You click, and how long You stay on one screen.
Data usage and storage: these data will be used to evaluate the usability of the app. These data may be sent to the Us after anonymization, meaning that no personal identifiable information will be shared with Us. No data in any forms will be shared with any other third parties, and all data will be stored locally on Your device.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
· By email: firstname.lastname@example.org